Meeting ISO Standards
High-Purity Standards understands a comprehensive quality system is key to our customers’ confidence in the products that we manufacture. That’s why we developed our Total Quality System with the help and assessment of independent agencies. We are certified by Perry Johnson Registrars to: ISO 9001:2015 and accredited by ANAB to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and ISO 17034:2016.
The Sales Manager will support sales and marketing of our certified reference products in a specific US territory. Products will include the company's comprehensive range of Inorganic and Organic standards used in a wide range of scientific disciplines and laboratory analysis techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to technical customer enquiries
- Sales tasks including lead generation, follow-up, quotations and negotiation
- Provide sales support to Sales Executives
- Taking/monitoring orders and coordinating shipping
- May attend trade shows, conferences and instrument manufacturer’s user group meetings
- Visit key accounts and distributors with a senior sales person
- Marketing support to include customer mail shots, press releases and distributor training packs
- Support in market research to assess and increase market share
- Report new products and product modifications back to the company marketing group
- Adhere to all ISO 9001 policies and procedures
- The position may require up to 30% travel
- Other duties assigned by the VP of Sales / Marketing or President
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Chemistry/Biology
- 5+ years sales experience preferably in the laboratory or science sector - alternatively candidates with a minimum of one year biological or material science lab experience coupled with an interest in sales will be considered
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate technical product information to both technical and non-technical professionals
- Eager to learn the business and able to offer creative ideas on ways to continually improve it
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and preferably ACT CRM program
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.