- Theodore Rains
Meeting ISO standards
High-Purity Standards understands a comprehensive quality system is key to our customers’ confidence in the products that we manufacture. That’s why we developed our Total Quality System with the help and assessment of an independent agency to meet the requirements of three separate ISO standards: ISO 9001:2015, ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and ISO Guide 34:2009.
THEODORE (TED) RAINS
Ted Rains began his work in chemistry in the early 1950's and spent a lifetime in the study and advancement of the field. Among numerous other accomplishments, Ted Rains conceived and developed the NIST Spectrometric Solution Standards Program, one of the most successful SRM's in the history of the program.
Review the Ted Rains presentation by his daughter Connie Hayes in this PDF document.
- International Ambassador for NIST
- President of National SAS Organization
- Co-Chairman of FACSS
- Major Literature
- Flame Emission and Atomic Absorption Spectrometry: A three volume treatise edited by John A. Dean and Theodore C. Rains
- Over 160 technical publications
- Presenter at workshops in analytical methods associated with atomic spectroscopy, including "The Art of Sample Preparation", and numerous conferences and customer locations
- Major Contributions to Chemistry
- Development of methods of preparation and analysis for Hg, As, Se, and numerous other metals
- Contribution to the certification of over 450 standard reference materials
- Development of a new efficient digestion method for Thorium Oxide
- Partnered with W. Snelleman to develop the first successful wavelength modulation background correction system for emissions spectrometry
- Instrumental in the design of analytical methods for the determination of Pb in blood
WHERE IN THE WORLD IS TED RAINS?
Below is a visual history of the travels of Ted Rains. Click on each image to enlarge.